Thursday, August 27, 2015

Josie's first - and we're sure not last - competition

Today, we're turning the blog over to Girls EDGEr Josie... who has been with us from the start of Girls EDGE and in many ways our own inspiration for what we do. 
She participated in her first competition partnered with her Mom/Coach Darcie. While the goal of Girls EDGE isn't for all to compete, we just love her enthusiasm (for burpees even!) and how fun it was for them to partner together!

So, take it away Josie! 




Yay, I have the blog!

Now I can tell a bunch of silly stories about my mom or at least share a silly photo. 




Ha ha.

I really want to write about my first CrossFit competition.



It was the most fun I've had in a long time. So it was awesome. When I first got  to CrossFit Brighton the morning of the competition I was so nervous, but when I started to do it my nervousness floated away.




But the beginning was the hard part. I don't know why. The first workout was a dead hang, rowing and kettle bell swings. 




So that sounds easy, but it's not, it is hard.


There were two more workouts in the day. The second workout was lifting and burpees over the bar. I told my mom later that burpees are my future. And they are!




The third workout was more lifting and box jumps.

I felt so good and tired when I was done. I would do it every day if I could.

My mom was my partner and she hurt her back but she still did it. She told me she couldn't let me down. 



I think doing CrossFit has changed my life in a healthy and good way!

By Josie D., age 9